Irving Oil is the regional refining and marketing company serving customers in Eastern Canada and New England. We offer challenging and rewarding employment opportunities throughout our company, and are always seeking committed and talented people to join our team.
This position will be the subject matter expert in pricing and regulatory affairs for the branded wholesale and Fleet businesses. The role will be responsible for understanding the macro and micro product pricing and supply environment, possess a sound grounding in technical petroleum product specifications, Irving’s supply situation and IOM’s competitive position versus its competitor set in Atlantic Canada, New England and Quebec.
· The branded, unbranded, and Fleet market environment by supply point (in IOM’s core geography and immediately surrounding regions);
· IOM’s pricing position versus the competition in all core geographies by supply point;
· IOM’s cost and margin position by channel of trade;
· Supply constraints and issues associated with product availability;
· The regulatory environment in which IOM operates.
· Highly aware of cost/benefit analysis, the role will ensure that the pricing offer is managed to ensure the highest economic returns for the business while maintaining the integrity of the brand and value propositions.
· Responsible for gathering market product pricing intelligence to be used in determining and setting competitive pricing of all products.
· Strategic role focused on maximizing gross margin and market share by product, terminal and geography.
· Gather market data/intelligence from both internal and external sources. Interpret market data and competitor positions in regard to product pricing and availability.
· Evaluate and research each market area by product and determine where and when we need to be more competitive.
· Identify and develop required Service Level Agreements with key stakeholders and set performance metrics for measurement. Develop, set, and monitor pricing metrics.
· Develop and implement processes and policies to streamline and align the administration of pricing in PSE1. This will require a consistent review of processes to ensure pricing is administered in a reliable way.
· Maintain and develop direct reports through ensuring employees have performance objectives, coaching and guiding employees, and implementing performance management feedback and executing performance reviews.
· Collaborate with team members and other key stakeholders to understand specific business and customer requirements as it relates to pricing, contracts and offers in PSE1.
· Maintain Variable Allowance process for special pricing in PSE1. (TVA) including sales tools, executing tva and validating execution accuracy along with file maintenance, monitoring and edits as required. Will require continuous improvement opportunity review.
· Analyze customer pricing strategies/offerings and make recommendations to support sales teams in delivery of customer offer.
· Daily review of customer sales orders to analyze, identify errors, and implement solutions to fix.
· Monitor, verify, and develop exception reporting for pricing discounts and freight billings.