Irving Oil is the regional refining and marketing company serving customers in Eastern Canada and New England. We offer challenging and rewarding employment opportunities throughout our company, and are always seeking committed and talented people to join our team.
We are currently recruiting a Capital Analyst to join our Business Development Team. This team focuses on short, medium and long-term investment options for Irving Oil and works with various internal and external stakeholders to assess the viability of these opportunities.
The Capital Analyst's primary activities will include:
• Prepare reports and provide analysis for each of the capital portfolios on a routine basis
• Interface with various business leads from each of the portfolio areas to identify criteria for prioritization of capital work and develop 3-5 year capital plans
• Work with business groups to identify multi-year capital scope as input into capital portfolios and plans.
• Prepare performance analysis and interpretation of information to provide the basis for conclusions and recommendations
• Manage capital portfolio processes including providing user community with training on process, gathering input and updating standards and instructions for continuous improvement of processes
• Acquire knowledge of various businesses in order to be able to perform capital project planning and scheduling on behalf of business lines
• Lead the coordination and consolidation of IOO budgets
• Lead the coordination and consolidation of IOO five year capital project plans.
• Co-lead the research, recommendation and implementation of various solutions which will improve the accuracy, usefulness and timeliness of project portfolios.