view all jobs
Opportunities at Irving
Job Posting #:
Intermediate Accountant - Inventory Movement
Irving Oil is a regional refining and marketing company serving customers in Eastern Canada and New England. We offer challenging and rewarding employment opportunities throughout our company, and are always seeking committed and talented people to join our team.
We are currently recruiting for an Intermediate Acccountant to join our Inventory Movement Controls Team.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Maintain daily production and inventory records
• Prepare weekly refining flash reports ensuring accuracy to a discrete level
• Complete analysis of monthly financial statements ensuring accuracy to a discrete level
• Meet with management team to review monthly refining financial results
• Preparing accounting records, entries and reconciliation of all levels of complexity relating to the Refining process
•Aid in implementation of process improvements, including identifying areas of improvement, developing possible solutions, and completing testing and verifications through collaboration with other departments.
•Aid in the testing and implementation of sub-ledger improvements
• Collaborate with other areas of finance and operations including Yield Accounting and Financial Reporting.
•Perform other duties as required to maintain and enhance departmental productivity.
• Post Secondary education
• Completion and/or pursuing Accounting Designation
• 2-5 years inventory accounting experience or 5 years accounting experience
• Excellent communication skills, must be able to work in a team environment and on an individual basis
• Strong problem-solving skills, theoretical knowledge, analytical skills, time management and attention to detail
• Strong Microsoft Office Skills
• Familiarity with Oracle, JD Edwards (PSE1) and Cognos are an asset
• Business operations experience would also be an asset
Number of Openings
>> Apply On-line
>> Send This Position to a Friend
Copyright 2010 Irving Oil