view all jobs
Opportunities at Irving
Job Posting #:
Intermediate Accountant - Fixed Assets
Irving Oil is the regional refining and marketing company serving customers in Eastern Canada and New England. We offer challenging and rewarding employment opportunities throughout our company, and are always seeking committed and talented people to join our team.
We are currently seeking an Intermedidate Accountant to join our Fixed Assets team.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Ensure CIP is accurate and comlete by completing analysis and review of transactions and balances (both during close and non-close time)
-Support tax requirements, quarterly reporting requirements and other adhoc reporting requirements - run and review (or create) reports as required
- Close Process - ensure all sub ledger and GL activities are completed; may include analysis and/or manual journal entries to ensure accuracy.
- IP4 and internal controls documentation maintenance and change management
- Maintain and enhance key contacts in the business to ensure timely and accurate information flow in the Asset team to maintain financial statements, notes and disclosure accuracy
- Act as Oracle Fixed Assets technical/functional subject mateter expert to ensure all maintenance and enhancment activities are completed
- Completion of KPI and metric data for function process management and reivew
- Identification, scoping and execution of various process improvement activities to enhance function performance and customer satisfaction.
- Captial lease advanced understanding on standards and treatment to ensure accurate assessments and complete maintained schedules
-Professional Accounting Designation, or working toward a designation, with previous related experience is preferred.
-University degree or related experience in this field required
-Oracle EBS and P2P -FA data flow
-Ability to work across various functions in a collaborative and effective manner while managing expectations
-Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines in a time-sensitive environment
-Solid computer skills in Microsoft Excel, Word and the ability to work in a system environment. Statistical analysis skills would be an asset.
Number of Openings
>> Apply On-line
>> Send This Position to a Friend
Copyright 2010 Irving Oil