Opportunity, Challenge, Rewards… and You!
At Irving Oil, we share values that distinguish and bring us together as a company. We believe in demonstrating commitment; keeping our word; respecting people as individuals; and providing the best for our customers.
If this is the type of company you want to work with, here’s your opportunity. We are currently recruiting for an additional Manager of US Tax, to join our Irving Oil Operations Tax Team. This role is responsible to manage and deliver on the organization’s U.S. corporate tax responsibilities. The individual can be located in our Saint John, NB or Portsmouth, NH offices.
Duties include (but are not limited to):
- Manage and deliver on the organization’s U.S. tax responsibilities including tax accounting, cash management, compliance and audit management
- Prepare / approve tax provisions and note disclosures for US entities
- Establish productive relationships with the businesses – ensure that provisions are understood and informational requirements for US provisions and compliance are met
- Support preparation of annualized effective tax rate and tax forecasts
- Manage US cash tax payments and working capital
- Preparation of and approve US tax reconciliations
- Preparation and review of corporate tax returns.
- Manage all other areas of US income tax regulatory compliance
- Monitor US tax legislative developments impacting the business and effectively communicate to stakeholders
- Maintain a strong and positive working relationship with US tax authorities. Work with the Audit manager to manage US tax audits and provide advice to management concerning tax appeals and litigation.
- Execute a continuous improvement process to avoid compliance issues, reduce the company’s tax exposure and streamline audits
- Work with external financial auditors on quarterly and annual audits of the US tax provision
- Assist and engage in strategic tax planning and other initiatives as required