view all jobs
Opportunities at Irving
Job Posting #:
Treasury Analyst I
At Irving Oil, we share values that distinguish and bring us together as a company. We believe in demonstrating commitment; keeping our word; respecting people as individuals; and providing the best for our customers.
If this is the type of company you want to work with, here’s your opportunity. We are currently seeking an experienced Treasury Analyst I to join our team of Treasury professionals. This position is accountable to the Assistant Treasurer and will work with Finance Office staff on a range of projects, providing analytical, reporting and project support.
• Analysis related to Treasury function including activities involving financing, interest rate and foreign exchange risk management, working capital and the management of cash and investments.
• Work with Assistant Treasurer and Treasury team in preparation of memos, reports and presentation materials in keeping with regular and ad hoc reporting.
• Working with Finance Office personnel as well as value centre people on the preparation of various stakeholder reporting materials.
• Contribute to the overall effectiveness of the enterprise by performing other duties as required
• Requires a very high level attention to detail and accuracy. Work is deadline driven and team work oriented; stress can form from multiple demands, attention to detail, and time pressured deadlines.
• University degree in business/management
• CPA Candidate preferred.
• 3-5 years experience in finance is important and familiarity with accounting is desirable
• It is important to be able to work well with others and have strong interpersonal skills; an ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, is very important
• Must be proactive, energetic and have the ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team; have the interest and ability to understand, assess and report on capital markets and, more broadly, the economy; have strong analytical skills, with excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills, computer literacy, spreadsheet modeling, time and resource management skills.
Number of Openings
>> Apply On-line
>> Send This Position to a Friend
Copyright 2010 Irving Oil