Indirect Tax Reporting Analyst
At Irving Oil, we share values that distinguish and bring us together as a company. We believe in demonstrating commitment; keeping our word; respecting people as individuals; and providing the best for our customers.
If this is the type of company you want to work with, here’s your opportunity. We are currently seeking an experienced Indirect Tax Reporting Analyst to join our team of Indirect Tax professionals. This position is accountable to the Indirect Tax Team Lead and is responsible for Indirect tax compliance with various jurisdictions, focusing primarily on remitting appropriate taxes to respective jurisdictions, filing timely accurate returns and interacting with jurisdictional tax authorities to resolve queries on indirect tax compliance issues.
· Preparation of indirect tax returns (excise, fuel, and sales tax) for assigned federal, state and provincial jurisdictions.
· Researching and understanding both Canadian and U.S. current fuel and sales tax legislations
· Understanding, reviewing and assisting in resolving indirect tax issues.
· Preparation of monthly indirect tax account reconciliations and cheque remittances.
· Supporting motor fuel and sales tax audits by providing information and analysis to address audit queries pertaining to reporting issues.
· Researching and providing responses to queries from the Value Centers and jurisdictions.
· Providing support for indirect tax assessment rebuttal initiatives and related analysis and investigation
· Support other Indirect Tax Compliance projects and work with individuals within Indirect Tax Compliance on other time sensitive projects or new requests or developments.
· Other duties as assigned by Indirect Tax Team Lead.