view all jobs
Opportunities at Irving
Job Posting #:
Senior IT Business Analyst -Cintellate
Irving Oil is a regional refining and marketing company serving customers in Eastern Canada and New England. We offer challenging and rewarding employment opportunities throughout our company, and are always seeking committed and talented people to join our team.
We are currently recruiting for a Senior IT Business Analyst -Cintellate to join our Irving Oil Operations Team. Our IT team provides a dynamic, fast-paced work environment with a strong focus on customers and stakeholders. We offer an opportunity to work within a collaborative environment of seasoned IT professionals. Successful candidates will have the opportunity to make significant contributions within Irving Oil's unique business model while developing downstream oil and gas industry experience.
Key activities include (but are not limited to):
Service Management & Operational Support
• Support steady state business application environment through the management and/or resolution of incidents, service requests, and projects.
• Ensure the integrity and security of enterprise data on host computers, multiple databases, and during data transfer in accordance to business needs and industry best-practices regarding privacy, security, and regulatory compliance.
• Perform and test routine system backups/restores and system availability.
• Anticipate, mitigate, identify, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware and software problems on servers and workstations. Escalate incidents as necessary.
• Develop, document, and maintain policies, procedures and associated training plans for system administration and appropriate use.
Systems Maintenance / Enhancements
• Analyze system requirements, construct workflow charts and diagrams, study system capabilities and look for opportunities for improvements, and write specifications for enhancements.
• Recommend, schedule, test, and perform software and hardware improvements, upgrades, patches, reconfigurations, enhancements, and/or purchases.
• Support application development teams throughout project lifecycles (if required).
• Conduct research on emerging products, services, protocols, and standards in support of systems software procurement and development efforts.
IT Procurement & Asset Management
• Participate in negotiations with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure software products and services.
• Asset management, including maintenance of software, hardware, and network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
• Define project milestones, phases, and elements, form a project team, and establish project budget for small to medium sized projects.
• Monitor project progress by tracking activity, resolving problems, publishing progress reports, and recommending actions.
Formal Education & Certification
• College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science or Business Administration or equivalent education, training, or related work experience.
• ITIL/COBIT Certification (or equivalent experience) required
• CBAP certification would be considered an asset, but not required.
• PMP certification an asset, but not required
Knowledge & Experience
• 7+ years of progressively responsible IT experience
• Previous experience in the oil and gas industry considered an asset
• Extensive application support experience using a service management tool.
• Hands-on software and hardware troubleshooting experience.
• Experience documenting and maintaining configuration and process information.
• Experience managing small to medium sized projects
• Strong customer service orientation.
• Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Strong interpersonal and oral / written communication skills.
• Adept at reading, writing, and interpreting technical documentation and procedure manuals.
• Ability to conduct research into hardware and software issues and products as required.
• Ability to present ideas and solutions in user-friendly language.
• Highly self motivated and directed.
• Keen attention to detail.
• Skilled at working within a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Number of Openings
>> Apply On-line
>> Send This Position to a Friend
Copyright 2010 Irving Oil