The IOO Financial Reporting and Analysis Team are currently seeking an Intermediate/Senior Financial Analyst to join their Team. This role will provide financial statement & operating performance analysis; support financial planning, budgeting, forecasting, initiatives support & business case evaluation for Irving Oil Commercial management, Leadership & Operations teams. The role is primarily focused on supporting the refinery feedstock, commodity risk management and product disposition teams.
· Provides support for budgeting and business planning
· Responsible for generating forecasts
· Support business case development and investment analysis
· Assist in setting performance targets
· Mentoring and coaching more junior employees and or non financial professionals.
· Prepare variance analysis and financial/operational commentary
· Perform internal/external benchmarking and competitor analysis
· Market analytics
· Product and channel profitability analysis
· Ad-hoc analysis as required
Financial and operational reporting:
· Produce stewardship reports, monthly profit and loss reports, FDA/MDA, expense/capital project and portfolio reporting
· Produce KPI / Scorecard reports
· Produce flash reports
· Ad-hoc reporting as required