Irving Oil is the regional refining and marketing company serving customers in Eastern Canada and New England. We offer challenging and rewarding employment opportunities throughout our company, and are always seeking committed and talented people to join our team.
We are currently recruiting three Business Development Project Leaders to join our Business Development Team. This team focuses on short, medium and long-term investment options for Irving Oil and works with various internal and external stakeholders to assess the viability of these opportunities.
The Business Development Lead's primary activities will include:
- Coordinating the appropriate resources to evaluate the feasability of potential opportunities
- Planning to acquire project resources
- Developping and executing a strategy for approaching potential business development opportunities
- Developing change management and stakeholder engagement strategies to manage the transition of projects into the business
- Performing project risk management identification and mitigation planning
- Establishing deal structuring and negotiation strategy
- Negotiating investment and divestiture pricing
Assist in providing financial information as needed through performing duties that are clearly defined and limited in scope and complexity by using knowledge of commonly used accounting concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Assist in various accounting studies and projects through conducting studies of related practices and procedures by relying on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform job functions.
- Contribute to innovative solutions to assist in meeting strategic goals through providing reports, analysis and advice to management by interpreting basic data, generating alternatives, making recommendations, and presenting conclusions.
- Perform other duties as required to maintain and enhance departmental productivity.