Irving Oil is a regional refining and marketing company serving customers in Eastern Canada and New England. We offer challenging and rewarding employment opportunities throughout our company, and are always seeking committed and talented people to join our team.
We are currently seeking an IT Loyalty Systems Engineer to join our team.
The Loyalty Systems Engineer is responsible for the planning, testing, implementation, documentation, training and support of all hardware and software integration with both cloud based and system based best of breed loyalty programs. The role requires understanding of various retails systems, loyalty systems and POS systems. It would be extremely beneficial to have diverse systems integration experience across Tier One fuel and convenience retail POS systems such as VeriFone, Gilbarco, Dresser-Wayne, Radiant/NCR and Bulloch Technologies. A thorough understanding of systems and network architecture is required for this role.
· Managing development and integration activities including initial assessment, requirements, design, development, support and maintenance
· Minimizing speed to market through effective resource selection, planning, utilization and forecasting integration
· Proactively identifying integration delays and bottlenecks during integration initiatives
· Provide subject matter expertise to the business or other IT departments
· Directing the efforts of internal and external resources in the design, development and implementation of systems applications
· Holds the role of product owner for all third party loyalty application integration with store systems
· Maintaining and participating in the creation of the loyalty and store systems product road map
· Coordinating and overseeing product development from inception through implementation
· Working with internal customers to explore and solution loyalty systems technology opportunities
· Evaluating technology project status and providing realistically obtainable delivery dates
· Loyalty system configuration and software defect resolution
· Relationship management with loyalty vendors and internal customers
Participate in large scale IT projects outside of direct area of responsibility as require