view all jobs
Opportunities at Irving
Job Posting #:
Treasury Analyst II
At Irving Oil, we share values that distinguish and bring us together as a company. We believe in demonstrating commitment; keeping our word; respecting people as individuals; and providing the best for our customers.
If this is the type of company you want to work with, here’s your opportunity. We are currently seeking an experienced Treasury Analyst II to join our team of Treasury professionals. This position is accountable to the Assistant Treasurer and will work with Finance Office staff on a range of projects, providing analytical, reporting and project support. As an experienced Treasury professional, role will have responsibility for or be primary support for strategic and value-add initiatives.
• Demonstrating leadership with foreign exchange and interest rate risk management, pension strategy, lender relations, special projects and strategic planning.
• Analysis related to Treasury function including activities involving financing, interest rate and foreign exchange risk management, working capital and the management of cash and investments.
• Work with Treasury team in preparation of memos, reports and presentation materials in keeping with regular and ad hoc reporting.
• Working with Finance Office personnel as well as value centre people on the preparation of various stakeholder reporting materials.
• Contribute to the overall effectiveness of the enterprise by performing other duties as required.
• Office Environment: normal office environment with an opportunity to move about freely. Some travel required for offsite training/meetings
• Requires a very high level attention to detail and accuracy. Work is deadline driven and team work oriented; stress can form from multiple demands, attention to detail, and time pressured deadlines.
• University degree in Economics, Finance or Accounting with a demonstrated knowledge of finance
• CFA or CFA candidates preferred
• 5-8 years’ experience in finance is important and familiarity with accounting is desirable
• 2-5 years of Treasury experience is preferred
• It is important to be able to work well with others and have strong interpersonal skills; an ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, is very important
• Must be proactive, energetic and have the ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team; have the interest and ability to understand, assess and report on capital markets and, more broadly, the economy; have strong analytical skills, with excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills, computer literacy, spreadsheet modeling, time and resource management skills.
Number of Openings
>> Apply On-line
>> Send This Position to a Friend
Copyright 2010 Irving Oil