view all jobs
Opportunities at Irving
Job Posting #:
IT MANAGER OF ENTERPRISE INFORMATION SERVICES
We are currently recruiting for an IT MANAGER OF ENTERPRISE INFORMATION SERVICES to join our Irving Oil Operations Team. Our IT team provides a dynamic, fast-paced work environment with a strong focus on customers and stakeholders. We offer an opportunity to work within a collaborative environment of seasoned IT professionals. Successful candidates will have the opportunity to make significant contributions within Irving Oil's unique business model while developing downstream oil and gas industry experience.
Key activities include (but are not limited to):
• Management of Enterprise Information Service team (4), including steady state support and external vendors
• Strong focus of total cost of ownership for their area and the cost drivers of demand and price, focusing on continuous improvement areas and cost management.
• Prioritization of work effort and resources through understanding of business requirements.
• Interacting with multiple, diverse stakeholder groups, with superior and proven client relationship skills including the ability to management client expectations and identify new improvement opportunities
• Recommend toolsets, approaches and techniques for reporting and BI projects, factoring in cost, quality, speed and risk for end customers in Value Centers and/or Corporate centers.
• Establish fit-for-purpose data and information architecture standards as well as consult into enterprise projects in this regard.
• Act as SME for data modeling for our Business Analytics and Corporate performance management environment.
• Responsible for the Operation of Enterprise Information Service team
You possess a Bachelor’s degree (preferably in Finance, Computer science, Business or related area) and/or a combination of the equivalent education, training and related discipline required:
• 10+ years progressive IT experience Previous Oil & Gas experience an asset
• 5+ years management experience in the area of IT
• Data architecture experience Cognos data modeling and experience (framework manager)
• Integration experience including SOA, messaging, web services, ETL, etc.
• You Possess advanced experience working with Architecture and Database Design and Management.
• Intermediate level of experience with Business Analysis, Application Development/Support and Maintenance - Intermediate Industry Knowledge – Oil & Gas, Infrastructure/Platforms, IT Project Management, Security/Information and Application Protection, Quality Control and Assurance, Service Management Processes and Testing.
• Working experience with IT Procurement and Asset Management.
To apply, visit the Employment Opportunities page at www.irvingoil.com and apply to job posting: “IT SENIOR INFORMATION ARCHITECT - COGNOS” posting 12-0004.
All applications will be kept in strict confidence. Only those qualified shall be contacted further. Thank you.
Number of Openings
>> Apply On-line
>> Send This Position to a Friend
Copyright 2010 Irving Oil