Irving Oil is the regional refining and marketing company serving customers in Eastern Canada and New England. We offer challenging and rewarding employment opportunities throughout our company, and are always seeking committed and talented people to join our team.
We are currently seeking Heating Service Technicians (Furnace Oil) to join our team.
- Diagnose problems that occur with heating systems by following required basic steps during inspection. This could include checking components such as thermostats and heat flow
- Fix problems that occur through reviewing diagnostics and using the proper tools to complete repairs
- Provide final inspections of heating systems and settings once repairs are completed to ensure all equipment is operating safely and smoothly
- Perform efficiency tests
- Create good customer relations by providing a summary of the problem and details of the repairs that were performed
- Complete appropriate daily paper work for each service calls detailing what was performed, how long it took, and the supplies that were used
- Maintain inventory on the service truck.
- Perform a yearly inventory count documenting usage of parts and identifying shrinkage of inventory to ensure inventory does not build up
- Perform general maintenance on the vehicle such as cleaning and submitting for repairs when necessary to ensure that the service truck is in good working order and reliable
- Perform other duties as required to maintain and enhance departmental productivity.