view all jobs
Opportunities at Irving
Job Posting #:
Irving Oil is the regional refining and marketing company serving customers in Eastern Canada and New England. We offer challenging and rewarding employment opportunities throughout our company, and are always seeking committed and talented people to join our team.
We are currently seeking an Intermediate Accountant to join our team of professionals within our Corporate Back Office. This role’s primary focus will be on the accounting for commodity hedge trading executed by our Corporate Front Office.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Confirmation, documentation and reconciliation of financial and commodity hedging trades, positions, cash margins, and settlements with brokers and other counterparties.
• Preparation and analysis of the accounting journal entries to properly record hedging activity.
• Daily actualizing of profit and loss calculations within the trade management system and overseeing the resolution of any issues.
• Responsible for monitoring compliance and drafting compliance and risk reports for review by senior management.
• Review compliance issues with the respective trading groups.
• Prepare financial information in support of the business’s financial information needs in relation to commodity and financial hedging activity.
• Provide user support on trade management system functionality, including areas such as trade capture, position and trade queries, reporting, risk analysis and deal pricing.
• Analyze all financial and commodity hedging activity for compliance with Company Policy’s, including Earnings-at-Risk, Value-at-Risk and position limits, as well as compliance with external trading regulations.
• Liaise with external auditors in their audits of hedge activity and accounting against generally accepted accounting standards.
• Liaise with internal auditors in their audits of control compliance.
• Professional Accounting Designation, or working toward a designation, with previous related experience is preferred. University degree or related experience in this field required.
• Knowledge and interest in financial markets.
• Must be highly analytical, flexible, organized and self directed.
• Must be able to multi-task and work well under tight and multiple deadlines.
• Requires excellent communication (verbal & written) skills and ability to exercise professional judgment.
• Solid computer skills in Microsoft Excel, Word and the ability to work in a system environment. Statistical analysis skills would be an asset.
• An understanding of the Company’s supply chain and product pricing would be beneficial.
Number of Openings
>> Apply On-line
>> Send This Position to a Friend
Copyright 2010 Irving Oil