Irving Energy is a full service fuel company. In addition to delivering propane, heating oil and diesel, we offer heating service and installation to Eastern Canadian and New England commercial and residential customers.
At Irving Energy we are dedicated to providing our employees and customers with the right experience; every employee works together for our customers to deliver on our brand and our promise.
Our Promise to you is to create an environment that supports fairness and equal opportunity for all employees; an environment where employees are entitled to succeed and grow and enjoy the benefits of their hard work.
Our Promise is commitment: commitment to your growth and development, commitment to a comprehensive pay and benefits package and commitment to being part of a company that celebrates the worth of an individual and the value of a promise.
Working closely with our New England/Eastern Canadian Operations Teams, the Fleet Operations Manager will be responsible to maintain our company fleet to ensure we receive the best value and efficiency possible. Our fleet, in excess of 500 vehicles, primarily consists of fuel delivery trucks and service technician vehicles.
Specifically, you will be responsible to:
- Purchase new vehicles (develop build specifications, procure and manage construction timelines)
- Lead and support vehicle maintenance coordinators in day to day operations
- Develop annual fleet budgets and manage to monthly budget targets
- Work with managers, vendors and Vehicle Control Center to keep monthly expenses aligned with budget
- Oversee vendor management, including contract renewals, vendor compliance through vendor audits
- Support field operations
- Develop and implement processes and procedures to ensure compliance with regulatory agencies
- Develop long term strategies to improve efficiency and productivity of fleet and overall maintenance costs
- Manage the fleet scorecard
- Support the business line KPIs
- Participate in weekly management team meetings