Irving Oil is the regional refining and marketing company serving customers in Eastern Canada and New England. We offer challenging and rewarding employment opportunities throughout our company, and are always seeking committed and talented people to join our team.
We are currently seeking an Assistant Marine Scheduler to join our Logistics and Distribution team. Key objectives for this position include assisting in the shipment of refined oil products to customers, keeping minimum refinery inventories while optimizing inventory levels at our marine terminals.
· Assists in creating and meeting best opportunity for transportation of products through managing inventory and re-supply of marine terminals.
· Assists in optimizing scheduling of product movement by negotiating schedule times and strategically planning all movements.
· Assists in optimizing turnaround vessels at Saint John port through managing forward plans by developing and maintaining refinery, terminals and blending sections forwarded plans.
· Assist in the process for asphalt and ethanol schedule for the shipment of products to customers and Irving Oil Terminals to meet their required delivery dates.,
· Provides daily updates on barges and vessels positions and update estimate time of arrivals for customers.
· Vetting of ships with receivers for suppliers of product for their approval.
· Nominations of gauges for vessel loadings and discharges.
· Perform other duties as required to maintain and improve department productivity.