Irving Oil is a regional refining and marketing company serving customers in Eastern Canada and New England. We offer challenging and rewarding employment opportunities throughout our company, and are always seeking committed and talented people to join our team.
We are currently recruiting for an Front and Back Office Manager, to join our Irving Oil Team. This role is responsible for the overall management and coordination of back office activities related to the commercial and logistical rail business.
- Perform financial analysis and controls to support the operational budget.
- Manage and ensure execution of all Operational and Commercial financial transactions including Supply and Logistic invoice reconciliation, validation and settlement focusing on accuracy and completeness of inventory and pricing
- Provide financial due-diligence for any supply or logistical lease and acquisition activities.
- Establish and maintain the operational internal control over financial reporting through appropriate policies and procedures.
- Oversee administrative support services for Operational team and Commercial team (when deemed necessary).
- Develop and monitor robust and transparent monthly/quarterly Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) across the Operational supply and logistic plans
- Develop and maintain an operational responsibility Matrix (RASCI) that details operational accountabilities and process integration aimed at continually optimizing standard operating procedures.
- Manage the optimization of the supply plan by balancing to the forecasted crude demand and target inventory positions
- Management and communication of crude trades, and contract summaries to internal stakeholders.
- Collaborate with other Logistics Managers to optimize the planning and scheduling of logistics resources at the lowest cost while satisfying supply plan
- Understand logistical trends and improvement opportunities surrounding the supply chain.
- Oversee onboarding of new fleet; fleet maintenance and repair schedules
- Ensure that Customs process is followed and implemented. Stay current on all regulatory updates; customs, department of transportation, etc.
- Oversee the reconciliation of discharge reports to contracts, quantities of products to BOL, works with A/P to facilitate payment, - Wire Information, etc.
- RCMS Super User, a prime business contact, and owns the evolution of the current Railcar Management System.
- Responsible as business owner for a new enterprise grade system that will need to be implemented as rail logistics continue to grow.