Irving Oil is a regional refining and marketing company serving customers in Eastern Canada and New England. We offer challenging and rewarding employment opportunities throughout our company, and are always seeking committed and talented people to join our team.
We are currently recruiting for a Maintenance Program Manager to join our Irving Oil Team in Logistics and Distribution area. The scope of this position is to ensure effective maintenance practices and processes are in place at all Irving Oil operated terminals and bulk plants within Canada and the United States.
Duties include (but are not limited to):
- Responsible for planning, scheduling and coordinates Logistics and Distribution maintenance and capital activities.
- Ensures work is carried out in a safe environment in accordance with Logistics and Distribution Standards
- Provide proper communications and direction while acting as liaison with internal/external engineering, vendors and other service providers.
- Manage and understand financials through proper planning and input to R&M and capital budget
- Ensures compliance with Key Performance Indicators set by management.
- Responsible for developing the means to achieve and validate continuous improvements shifting from reactive to preventative maintenance
- Responsible to continually monitor/audit preventative maintenance program to ensure value added.
- Responds to and actively investigates equipment failures.
- Monitors for repeat failures to identify systematic problems or preventative maintenance opportunities.
- Increase reliability at terminals through identifying mechanical integrity issues and addressing them.
- Schedules and coordinates preventative maintenance training for operators
- Review the feasibility, design, and operational performance of Marine Terminal systems.
- Manage spare parts requirements
- Execute audits of the terminals to ensure compliance with Maintenance Program
- Frequently called upon for expert advice or technical support
- Participates in quarterly maintenance meetings
- Remains current on regulatory requirements
- Improve professional appearance of terminals through overseeing housekeeping activities