Key responsibilities of this position shall include:
· Responsible for the development, implementation and ongoing management of media relations, issues management and internal communications. This includes:
– Develop the overall communications and engagement strategy including media relations strategy for marketing region, and proactive and reactive strategies
– Provide creative and strategic communications to effectively position the reputation of the company
– Responsible for developing and maintaining strong relationships with key media and internal stakeholders in order to support all business goals
– Develop and maintain positive relationships with regional and national media. This includes ensuring the development of an ongoing media relations outreach program and leading the coordination of media activity and identify proactive opportunities to promote and enhance company reputation in the geographic region.
– Ensure excellent turnaround in responding externally to media, government and other external requests
– Ensure the timely development and quality of news releases, articles, presentations and supporting materials for release to media or external parties
– Identify appropriate spokespeople and ensure training and ongoing support (presentations, coaching, etc.). Ensure established protocols are followed.
– Develop, implement and maintain crisis management media protocols and quick response strategies in consultation with the relevant stakeholders
– Analyze media trends and provide regular reporting on media relationships, trends, activities and opportunities.
· Provide creative and strategic marketing collateral in support of the execution of Signature Programs and Community engagement activities that improve the company reputation and employee engagement. This includes overseeing:
– Design and deliver of all marketing collateral for all Public Affairs initiatives e.g. Advertising (radio, television), posters, pump toppers etc.
– Engage with agencies/graphic artists to design marketing collateral
– Actively manage content on all company media tools such as: Facebook, Email, IOL Website and phone/1-800- number inquiries and Radiant 6 social media monitoring.
· Manage performance and career development of direct reports